FISHING IN ALL THE SEAS AROUND THE WORLD
TOUR 1: On foot
Meeting point: Tourist Office Vigo
Through this route the visitor will be introduced into the world of fishing and the importance it has for the territory. Apart from visiting the old town, the Oyster´s Market, we will talk about the heroic reconquest from the French, and about Jules Verne´s 20,000 leagues under the sea and the pirate Drake, and we will also see the sector inside out!
- We will enter the facilities of the Port of Vigo.
- We will visit a fishing boat.
- We will discover a processing plant or a fish hatchery .
TOUR 2: School visits on foot
Educational tour for school children to learn both the history and the current situation of the activity leaded by the fishing port of Vigo. This activity will be framed whithin the program of skills performed in the classroom. The scholars will have an active role and they will be offered educational-fun material to work together with teachers, before and after their visit, in order to review some concepts and ideas: fishing gear, species, fisheries, technological evolution, or historic landmarks.
TOUR 3: By bus
With the touristic bus route “Vigo Fishing” we can:
- Take a tour around the facilities of the Port of Vigo.
- Discover a fishing boat / manufacturing plant / fish hatchery or a shipyard.
- Approach the fishing village of Bouzas.
- Visit the MUSEUM of the sea.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
In Vigo Pesqueiro we have many things to tell you, so do not miss any news, novelty, event or project that we make.